Office Hours: 8:00 - 4:30
Time Served: 2022-present
- Serves as secretary to the City Council and keeps an accurate record of all proceedings.
- Publishes meeting agendas
- Releases media notices of public hearings, regular and special meetings of the Council and its committees.
- Prepares minutes of all meetings of the Council.
- Publishes ordinances and resolutions as required by law.
- Handles Municipal League conference reservations / accommodations for the city officials.
- Legal custodian of records and documents pertaining to the business of the council.
- Research, answer questions regarding, and provide copies of city ordinances for the public and City / Council members.
- File marks documents as required.
- Works with the Building Inspection Department / Planning Commission regarding zoning and annexations.
- Works with the City Attorney to prepare ordinances and resolutions
- Works with the Arkansas Municipal League to codify ordinances for updating city code books.
- Prepares Volunteer Community of Year Award report.
- Grant research and writing as required by the Mayor.
- Responsible for notifying public officials of the requirement to file a written statement of financial interest for each calendar year pursuant to A.C.A. 21-08-701. Distributes and collects forms for filing by January 31st of each year to avoid sanctions against a public servant.
- Responsible for filing and maintaining Oaths of Office.
- Maintains city scrapbook.